HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE – “No 2016 Soccer Waisal”

This October, during there was middle school soccer season. Before it started every middle school boy that plays soccer were impatient. We started playing after school to prove to the coaches that he can move us to A team and play to Waisal. We were already buying new soccer gears.

The first day, we had practice, so we ran 7 laps around the soccer field, After went to for a water break. Most of us were tired and exhausted because it had been a long time since we had some real exercises. The practice itself was really tiring ,plus, the people were playing rough. However, Although it was tough we had a lot of fun.

During practices, I was the only one without new shoes. When my dad left to Switzerland. I asked him to get me a hoverboard but he refused because I had a C in my grades. It didn’t put me down, so I asked for new superflies and an Iphone 6s. I was waiting for both of them for the 2 next weeks.

My superflies arrived 2 weeks later. Unfortunately my dad didn’t get me any iphone but he got me another pair of superflies.

The day to choose teams was very exciting and very scary for the boys. We would know if we could play waisal or not. We all rushed to the field after school to the coaches asking what team we each made. I wasn’t lucky because I made B team. It was a really sad and dissapointing day for me. I thought about quitting but I told myself that I would prove to the coaches that I was A team worthy.

Waisal was now in 1 week and I was still in B team. I decided to have fun in B team and get better at soccer. The coaches repeatedly told me that if I had the same speed as last year I could have made A team. The good thing about that day is that we were announced that B team would also play soccer. I remember that day, when I got home I couldn’t sleep and I forgot to do my homework for the next day, I really didn’t care.

3 days before the big day, we had a match against local teams. I wasn’t excited at all. playing, I got myself injured on both knees. I almost punched the defender that injured me. When I arrived home I felt a little bit of pain. The next morning I couldn’t stand up from my bed. My parents came into my room and took me to the doctor. When it was our turn at the hospital, we entered and the doctor examined my knees. Then he told us that I have inheritance knee problems. How does that even make sense, I didn’t have this injury my whole life. The doctor went ahead and cut the knees off, just kidding. I was shocked that this would prevent me from playing waisal, and it did. The doctor said that I shouldn’t do any sports for 1 month. I felt horrible. I remember giving him this disgusted look. If i could, I would have stood up and just walked out of the office.

The day of  waisal arrived, and I admit I was jealous of my team mates. The coach asked me if I am sure I can’t play and I almost said, “no i’ll just play,” but I knew my knees would get worse. I remember I got home that day and I felt horrible because we had lost and I just went to bed. I thought it was my fault.

Even though I didn’t make A team or waisal, I decided to practice more and play other sports rather than soccer only.

6 thoughts on “HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE – “No 2016 Soccer Waisal”

1. Dude that is so sad. I takes confidence to talk about this on the internet.
    It sounds like Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

2. I like the way you wrote your story in the exact words you would say it out loud today. I also like the way you put your emotions into the piece. And how you weren’t afraid to say what’s on your mind.

3. I like the fact that you were able to get new shoes, but were not able to get a new phone :D. I also liked that even though you weren’t able to play in Wasial, you were still given good background information about it.

4. Hi Nick
    I am your Student Blogging Challenge mentor. I really love some of the stuff you have posted. But I see you have been very quiet recently. Have you had an opportunity to comment on anybody else’s blogs?